This guide below shows you where and how to download junos olive 12.1 and install it on virtualbox in very simple steps, you can then further extend this and create a mini lab, I’ve installed it to help me test my junos scripts.
1. download and install VirtualBox if you don’t already have it.
2. download the Juniper olive image: Download Juniper Junos Olive 12.1
3. double click the image file which will open in virtual-box
4. Apply the following base code if you would like access to the shell, I used a bridged interface which meant I was using my LAN (192.168.1.x/24) please select a free IP address in your LAN and adjust the config below, if you copy the encrypted hash the password is: [email protected]:
default username: root, with no password.
set system host-name r1
set system authentication-order password
set system root-authentication encrypted-password "$1$LjmqksA9$lrm/NcJi0rtdGQDZ7h1w5."
set system services ssh
set interfaces em0 unit 0 family inet address 192.168.1.4/24
set routing-options static route 0.0.0.0/0 next-hop 192.168.1.254
5. Open a shell and try access ssh [email protected]
Note: From here you can download “JunOS Olive 12.1” VM image, you can run it with GNS3 or virtualbox for simulating juniper router. (Please note that this image is only provide to you for informational purpose and not to be used in production networks)